Tuesday, March 25, 2008

View the Virtual Procedure

Today was the originally scheduled date for my heart procedure.  I guess that makes it a fitting day to see the procedure virtually.  After the ASD closure device was implanted in my heart 2 weeks ago, I was given a card to place in my wallet stating that my device is "non-ferromagnetic/MRI safe up to 3.0 Tesla."  On the card was a web address for AGA Medical Corporation, the makers of the Amplatzer Occluder (click to view).  At their site I found 3 videos.  Check out the first 2!  The first one talks about the device itself, and the second one demonstrates how the device is placed in the heart.  They both gave me a much better understanding of what has been placed inside of me.  (The 3rd video is for a different device.)   

Thanks for all of your prayers!  Never once have I been able to feel that there is anything different about my heart.  It is just such a blessing to know that the most likely cause of my stroke has been taken care of.

God is so good! 

2 comments:

M to the D said...

I am so glad I found your post. I am having the same exact surgery with the same device in JUNE! I am really nervous. I googled the device and found your blog!
How was it?
How is the recovery?
My blog is wordm.blogspot.com

Heidi said...

Hi! It's all good news that I have to share. David did great during and after the procedure - doesn't feel any different at all - had a very quick recovery with no problems at all.

I don't know if you're search brought you just to this specific post of the whole blog, but there are other posts - a couple of them - preceding this one with a lot of detail about the procedure and how things went.

Best wishes to you!!