Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Now That Was Fast!

Yep. It has been confirmed. I received a phone call this afternoon from my primary care physician's office (less than 24 hours after my MRI!) saying that yesterday's MRI did show a tear in my meniscus. Bummer. I guess I pretty much knew that to be the case already from the type of pain I was experiencing, but it's still a bit of a bummer to have it confirmed. So, now I'll wait for a call to set up an appointment with yet another doctor. I know that a meniscus tear can be repaired pretty easily with outpatient surgery. We'll have to see how that procedure might fit into the whole sequence of events that are ahead of me. I have a feeling that my cardiologist will have something to say about when he feels it is wise and safe to have this type of procedure done.

I'll keep you informed.

It just keeps getting more interesting, doesn't it?

No comments: