Saturday, December 1, 2007

Introduction and Link to Previous Posts

On November 2, 2007, my husband David had a major stroke that initially left him paralyzed on his left side. Had tPA not been administered in ER within the 3 hour window of the onset of his stroke, he would have remained paralyzed. He was hospitalized for 4 weeks, and my main blog went from being "Mostly Poetry" to being ALL DAVID, and with good reason!

David is now home and doing well - still has quite a path in front of him in terms of physical therapy in order to regain full use of his left side and in terms of fixing previously undetected heart issues which we have learned caused this healthy marathon running man to have a stroke at age 42.

I'm not sure whether life has shifted to a more normal state or if we are just getting used to this being normal. We are just doing what we can to make it as normal as possible. Part of bringing back some normalcy for me is going back to putting other things up on my main blog, things I normally post about: poetry, lists, pictures, other family news, thoughts, quotes and so on.

I know that people from all aspects of our lives and David's life have been checking my blog specifically to check in on him, so I am making a page just for David. I will continue to post updates to my main page also, but this way people that JUST want to check up on David and not have to wade through poetry or any other such thing as they search for updates can just come straight here.

Here is the link to all the posts during David's hospitalization:

ALL POSTS from David's Stroke and Hospitalization November 2007


Thanks for your care and concern for us. We have been and continue to be so strongly sustained through this time through the loving support and prayers that have been so graciously given to us.

No comments: